Does your cute puppy have you chasing your tail?
Learn how to survive (and enjoy) puppyhood and help your puppy grow into the well behaved adult companion you look forward to.
– This is an open enrollment 4 session puppy socialization & real-life based training class.
– Class uses positive reinforcement training methods and teaches a few basic obedience behaviors to help you get results outside of the classroom in real-life situations where it counts most.
– Class includes socialization exercises that will help you stay on track with socializing your puppy during the key socialization period (3-16 weeks).
– You must attend an orientation either at Kriser’s, on video call or during a paid one-on-one in-home consultation.
– Do not bring your puppy to orientation.
– Cost is $15 to register and reserve spot, $27 per session or $85 for all 4 sessions.
– Classes are at Kriser’s Natural Pet Store on Tuesdays from 6-7pm starting with orientation on Jan. 15th.
– Puppy Passport (socialization guide), Puppy Survival Guide & handouts are included
– No experience or prior training required by you or your puppy
– First round of puppy vaccinations required
– Puppy age limit is 8 weeks – 4 months old
– Space is limited. (maximum 6 puppies)
– No Cancellation or Refunds after payment
– Must pay deposit to reserve your spot at least 24 hours before the class session
– Payment must be received at least 24 hours before the session (no payments taken in the store at the class)
*** Select “Going” if you intend to register for 1 or all of the sessions.
*** Select “Interested” if you intend on going to free orientation to see if class is right for you.
*** Click Message to schedule one-on-one in-home consultation
See below for more details.
Open Enrollment Benefits:
– You don’t have to go to all the classes or start when everyone else starts.
– Take one class or take them all or pick and choose based on topics
– Maximize your puppy socialization with new pups and people each week. Gives your puppy a rich array of socialization experiences during class.
– Each week’s activities focus around problem solving a real-life situation—like at home in living room, kitchen, easy grooming, and successful walks—
– All levels of experience welcome (first time puppy parents to the experienced dog owner)
This class has an orientation to go over basics so every class stands by itself and anyone can come to any class.
This means you must do the orientation before you can go to a class.
You choose the orientation option that is best for you:
There are 4 options for taking the Orientation
1) Group Orientation at Kriser’s (free)
2) Zoom conference call or recording (free)
3) One-on-one Jump-start In-Home Consultation
4) One-on-one Consultation as part of a Puppy Training package
Orientation at Kriser’s or Video Call is Free
One-On-One Jump-Start In-Home Consultation (in place of Orientation) is $97
$15 deposit to register and reserve spot (space is limited)
Open Enrollment Cost Options
1) $27 per class session + $15 registration deposit
2) $85 for all 4 class sessions + $15 registration deposit
Orientation Session (at Kriser’s or Zoom Call)
Puppy Survival Guide
Orientation or In-Home Consult Session Covers:
– How Dogs Learn
– Bite Inhibition
– House & Confinement Training
– Crate Training
– Chew Training
– Exercise & Mental Stimulation
– Say Please Policy
– Preparing for Class
Training Equipment Used in Class:
– Flat collar or harness (no choke chains)
– 6ft leash
– Mat (optional)
Each class addresses a different real life scenario.
Tuesdays from 6-7pm starting January 15th
Jan 15th – Orientation (do not bring your puppy)
Jan 22nd – Living Room Session
Jan 29th – Kitchen Session
Feb. 5th – Outside Stroll Session
Feb. 12th – Grooming Session
Each Session is self-contained as open-enrollment.
– Warm up exercise
– Review Class Protocols
– Session Description (new each week)
– Narrated Playtime
– Socialization Exercise (new each week)
– Obedience Skill (new each week)
– Playtime with challenge (new each week)
– Real-Life Scenario (Session) Challenge (new each week)
For class to make, there must be a minimum of 2 puppies registered.
There is a maximum of 6 puppies in each session.
Have questions? Please send a message or post a comment.